My Newest and best Love

My Newest and best Love

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RUN RUN RUN!!

So today was such a successful day:)  I had to watch my two nephews for a couple hours after their summer school. I took them to Mcdonalds and met up with my Sister-n-law (jess) who brought my other niece and nephew so they all got to play together.  Then, Jess watched Claire for me so I got to get my run in!  I had started the couch to 5k progam about 2 months ago primarily running on the treadmill.  It was going great, I was reaching my goals and felt great about it!! I was running 3-5 days a week and doing an easy 20 min on the treadmill (which is a HUGE accomplishment considering i never ran before in my life).  So since i was doing good, I decided I should sign up for a 5K in town on Aug 20.  WELL- I started running on the track (NOT TREADMILL) to get me used to running on real ground.  IT WAS SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT!  I felt like I could barely run (literally I wasnt even able to do a freaking 3 min!!)

It was actually super depressing that I could do so great on the treadmil and not on real ground. I dont know what it was, but it was sooo difficult. Well today was such an accomplishment!! The past week I kind of started over with the couch to 5K program running on the track to get my body used to it and my mind! HA  Well today I was FINALLY able to run a mile straight, then I walked for 4 min and ran another 3/4 of a mile.  It felt GREAT to get a solid run in.  To a regular runner, these numbers may not be that impressive.  However, starting from NEVER running to getting to this point makes me feel so fabulous!  So the 5K I am running in 2 weeks doesnt seem so impossible;)

Now, if I just stick to this routine and reach my goal of an 8k in april, I can get my DREAM running shoes--Asics:) For now its my Nikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment